Woburn Little League is excited to announce that we will schedule team and player photos beginning this Monday and over the next couple weeks. This is for Major Division and below only. Alison Young Photography will be onsite at one of your games to take a team photo and individual player photos. Photo packages available for as little as $20! Payment is due at the time of your pictures and must be made by cash or check.
If you would like a team and player photo, please CLICK HERE to sign up using our online form. If you have any questions regarding ordering or pricing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Later today you will see an event added to your team's schedule. Your team's photo time will be anywhere from 30 - 15 minutes before your schedule game - weather permitting. Please arrive promptly and dressed in full uniform for your scheduled time as we only have 10 - 15 minutes to take pictures for each team.
One fundraiser for Woburn Little League that everyone can participate in, is working the concession stand either at Weafer 1 or Gonzalves. If your child has a game at either field and you would like to volunteer your time during that game, please CLICK HEREto sign up for a shift.
If you aren't comfortable working with the cooking machines, not to worry, you can only sell candy, drinks and popcorn if that makes you comfortable. The shacks are a huge source of fundraising for the league and is solely run on volunteers from parents and family members. The money raised every year goes into buying new equipment, those great uniforms, hats and many other things given back to the kids.
The Woburn Little League 2019 spring season is almost here, and were excited to launch our spring gear online store. Shop online now for all of your WLL swag before the season begins. A percentage of your order goes right back into our organization. Most items will have an option to personalize with your player's name and/or number. Orders are typically received within 5 - 10 business days of order placement. Please order soon to ensure your gear will arrive for Opening Day.
Woburn Little League has implemented the following Parent Code of Conduct for the important message it holds about the proper role of parents in supporting their child in sports. Parents should read, understand and sign this form prior to their children participating in our league.
Any parent guilty of improper conduct at any game or practice will be asked to leave the facility and be suspended from the following game. Repeat violations may cause a multiple game suspension, or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games.
The essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles:
Good Citizenship The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
I therefore agree:
I will not force my child to participate in sports.
I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the game is for youth, not adults.
I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
I will learn the rules of the game and policies of the league.
I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every game, practice or other sporting event.
I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
7. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and well being of the athletes.
8. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
9. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
10. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a game or his/her performance.
11. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
12. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
13. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning. I will also de-emphasize games and competitions in the lower age groups.
14. I will promote the emotional and physical well- being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
15. I will respect the officials and their authority during games and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
16. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
17. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.